CherryPOPFizz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith - Novel WIP

Go down

Faith - Novel WIP Empty Faith - Novel WIP

Post by [CherryPOP] Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Since I'm RPing again I figured why not post a few chapters of my novel up here to help you guys get a better idea of what Transition is about. It's also Sebastian's and Louis' back story.

"Pain changes people. It can make someone strong, weak, cold, dependent or a combination of them all. Regardless, people are never the same.

I never claimed to be a saint."

An auburn haired teen grabbed the various cult books on his study desk and dropped them to the carpet in a loose stack, brushing his long hair out of his eyes. His tanned skin was lit by the numerous candles that were placed randomly around his room, on the bookshelf, display case, even next to his laptop on the desk he had just cleared. He wore black dress pants, a simple white t-shirt and black vest, a silver devil was fixed to a thin leather string and tied around his neck. His room was an organized mess, shirts supporting a variety of bands from System Of A Down to Incubus were laying on the floor in piles, CD's were placed anywhere they'd fit and books, divided into two stacks. The one next to his bedroom door were fiction, favouring assassins, killers, cults, fantasy and realistic titles from various authors, the one next to his bed, guides, conspiracy texts, journals, and things surrounding the supernatural. One book was on his recently made bed, opened to a page, another figure was sitting on his bed reading it. Their eyes watched him as he darted around the room preparing things.

"I hope this stuff comes out, otherwise she's gunna kill me" he mouthed, barely over a whisper he did everything he needed to in silence, drawing symbols in chalk on his carpet, brushing his curly hair out of his face when it hung in his line of vision.

"Remind me why you're doing this" the other said, getting to his feet to watch what the other was doing. The other finished and stood beside him to inspect his work, when they stood together the height difference was obvious, despite being the same age auburn hair was almost 28cm's smaller than the other, his blonde shoulder length hair hanging over half his face in the dim light, his light skin tone contrasting against the tan of the other.

"Because I'm sick of feeling like I'm two separate people all the time" he mumbled, going over to check the book on his bed.

"Louis..." the other sighed, "that happens to everyone"

"No, this is different, it's not just inner turmoil, it's like there's someone else inside me, someone more mature, they deal with the things I can't," he always had difficulty explaining himself, the other raised an eyebrow "It's not an inner voice, because the things I hear aren't the things that I would say. It's hard to explain Sebastian, so I'm just leaving it at that."

"Fair enough," he shrugged it off; he always called him by his full name when he wasn't in the mood to talk.

Louis' eyes glanced over the pages, he only understood some of it, but he was confident with that much. Besides, it was said that each of the main continents in Transition had a seal under the main town, Logan's had already been opened, and that’s why there were so many demons and the like crawling through the city. Halef's hadn't, but he knew it was there, it was risky opening a seal, though usually one or two supernatural creatures slipped through. He wouldn't even need to summon a creature, he'd just need a small portion of daedric power, just a few seconds.

The other noticed his silence, "You're not summoning anything are you?"

"No," he scoffed, "I'm not that stupid"

"Then why am I sitting in your room like this, making sure your brother and mother aren't aware of anything, and making sure you're not doing something stupid."

"Because you coaxed it out of me and refused to let me do it by myself" Louis replied in his smart-mouth style. Sebastian clicked his tongue and ignored it sitting back down on his bed.

"Okay, pass me one of your knives" Lou said, brushing his hair behind his ears and unwrapping a cloth from his pants pocket.

"Excuse me?" Sebastian asked, raising his eyebrows and turning his head to face him.

"Let me borrow one of your knives, please" Sebastian paused, it wasn't that he didn't trust Louis with a blade, it was just, well, he was uneasy about the whole situation. He was never one for religion but he tolerated Louis loving his unorthodox one, he figured if no one was getting hurt what did it matter?. In the end, he reluctantly handed over one of his throwing knives.

"What're you going t-"his answer was cut short as Louis sliced the blade through his left hand with a hiss of a flinch. Sebastian found himself jumping to his feet, then waiting.

"Here" Louis handed him back the knife and Sebai grabbed it, tilting his head dumbly in confusion. As the blood ran down Lou's palm and to the tips of his fingers he wrote his full name in blood over one of the curves in the design he had drawn in the floor. When he finished he quickly wrapped the cloth tight around the wound.

"You're crazy!" Sebastian hissed, careful not to yell, he checked how Louis had wrapped the cloth several times before redoing it himself, being satisfied at how it was stopping the bleeding, "you don't bleed easy"

"Correction, I don't bleed easy when I'm scared." Louis mumbled, "Now we wait"

"For what, exactly"

"I don't know, it's a good thing you're here, if anything weird happens, you can take me out" he laughed at the end of his sentence.

I hate how he jokes about things like this. "Sit down" he directed Louis to sit down on his bed in case anything happened. "What should I look out for?"

Louis grabbed the book next to him with his right hand, "I wasn't about to cut my drawing hand, doesn't look like I'll be able to play guitar for a while though..."

"That should be the last of your problems" Sebastian mumbled as he flicked his eyes over the words of the book. "You're doing all this because of what's in this bo-" he turned to see Louis collapsed next to him.

---

He found himself in a space filled with nothing. Glancing around the darkness Louis could make out the shadows of roots, intertwined around each other sprawling across the black floor around him. It was cold as he folded his arms and decided to walk through the growths, watching where he placed his feet so he wouldn't trip. There was a thick blue mist covering the floor as he walked through it, hazing his vision. He knew he was dreaming. No place like this existed anywhere in Transition, that didn't scare him, what did was the fact he couldn't wake. As Louis wandered on, a figure began to form itself in the darkness before him, leaning against a tree, seated. He wasn't exactly sure what they were, it was just a human shaped blob, black and hazy.

"What are you?" He found himself asking it, "or should I say who?" he watched as the hazy figure grew denser and denser, revealing the form of a man. He appeared to be in his late 20's, his black curly hair a tangled mess and hiding his face. He wore a simple white singlet and black trip pants, complete with black combat boots, he appeared to be some kind of solider from his slim but defined build.

They looked at the kid 5 meters away from them, then lowered his head again, his eyes remaining unseen as he did so. "You're reckless" he said in a low gruff voice with a faint resounding echo.

"Excuse me?"

"You're too curious for your own good, kid. You'll get yourself killed" The man said back, looking back at him.

"If I do then so be it, I just needed some answers..." Louis ran a hand through his hair, and then again and again as he spoke, a common occurrence when he was nervous, "it's been eating away at me, I was just wondering if the ancient magic were a myth or not"

"So you tried them?"

"Well...Yea?"

The man sighed and rested his head on the palm of his hand, "Are you completely oblivious to my messages?"

Louis thought about the question for a second, "That was you? I thought it was just my voice of reason"

"What in hell's name are you talking about kid?" he stood to walk over to him, Louis took a step back, and this guy was huge compared to him.

"Everyone has a kind of inner voice that tells them when they're doing something stupid, like a conscience," he said quietly.

"...Humans are weird" the man mumbled, turning to the side to look around the area.

Lou opened his mouth to reply, but decided to change the topic, "Where is this place? I know it's no ordinary dream, I'm just concerned about what my body is doing in the real world."

"This place?'" It's nowhere, it's wherever I will it to be, it is nowhere. To give you some kind of information though, your friend is trying to wake you. Your face will be raw when you wake." He tapped a root with his foot.

"Why won't you allow me to wake up then?" he asked, growing suspicious, well, more than he was already.

"Me? It's not me, I am an ally not an enemy. This was your own doing. It's a result of the means you used to somehow worm your way in here. But, as it seems you don't know much better, I'll excuse this little intrusion. I suppose if I gave you answers you'd refrain from doing something so reckless in the future."

Louis nodded back.

"Very well, you've been feeling like you're two different people correct, there’s a reason for that. Most people go through life not knowing that feeling, others are born with it and don't know any different, then there are people like you, who develop it. There's usually one side you favour, and you tend to stick to people who keep you in your preferred mind. When you're alone you feel the other crawling into your skin...is this ringing any bells?" he glanced over at Louis, eyes hidden by his hair and faced shrouded in shadow.

"To the line..." he mumbled, uncomfortable about talking about it.

"I am the one that you feel, I am the part of you that you hate, you're alone and not in a sense. You see, some people have this other side they hate. You are different, because you decided to muck in things you shouldn't and now you can see me. You can speak with me, you can hear more than my words in your head. I'm not sure what you had in mind, but from this moment on we're bonded." he sighed in annoyance, at least, Louis thought it was annoyance.

"So what happens now, what's changed besides communication?"

"I'm not sure, it's never happened to me before. On another note, can you fight?"

"Fight?" he tilted his head, "like, protect myself?" The other nodded. "I know jujitsu and self defence, if that's what you mean" he shrugged.

"That is somewhat of a relief"

"What?"

"You'll find out soon enough, we'll have to continue this conversation later" he turned his back as the world started to grow darker into complete black.

_________________________________________________________________________________

First part haha. Enjoy.
[CherryPOP]
[CherryPOP]
Admin

http://cherrypopbottoms.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum